This will be my final blog post here, forever.
Now that the first (female) set of components have been milled, it’s time to move onto the male components. With that, comes the exact same prep process as last time. Makes for some riveting writing…
These past couple weeks have been filled with more progress on the mass production aspects of the Grazer project, namely, beginning to mill the male part of the joints.
All of the prep of the last couple weeks finally culminated toward the first step in creating ten components.
This week was even slower than the last, and I have started to realize that maybe pursuing mass production was really not the best way to make good progress.
After another broken endmill and a lot of time spent at robotics, it’s time to get back to the grind. First step is prepare to make the maiden cuts.
I finally have a arrived at a part that I’m content with in its precision. All of the recesses are at an equal depth, and will hopefully be consistent enough to run a multi-part milling process.
As I’m typing this, I’m looking on at a CNC machine with a very long, 23 minute program to run. After a previous week of inconsistencies and mysterious errors, I’ve made some changes to the cut.
This week was spent working on the same fixture components as last, and I think I’ve begun to uncover some issues.
This week was spent carrying out my plans of mass….. production.