I’ve gotten a lot done since my project began. I’ve gotten a space approved, created and edited a mural design, had meetings and found funding for supplies, stretched and gessoed a canvas, and started to paint. Reflecting on this progress in relation to the timeline I made at the beginning of the semester, at this point I’m only slightly behind where I hoped to be.
The obstacles I’ve had to face thus far in my process have been significant, but manageable. I’ve had to change my design a few times, as well as change my plan for the process. Because I had to paint the mural on canvas instead of on the wall, the plan that I had created changed dramatically, but in the end working on the canvas in the studio proved much less difficult than trying to paint in the library probably would have been.
Looking forward, I just have to keep painting. This week I’ve been working on detail for individual dancers, and I’ve almost finished one. In order to finish the piece by the end of the semester, I think I will need to be spending a lot more time in the studio on weekends and during study halls, because it is hard to make significant progress in the short 43 minute class period that I have to work every day.